Friday, June 17, 2011

Faux Porcelain Birds

My daughter's room has a bird theme.  I made a quilt to mimic one from pottery barn kids, that I'll show you another time, and I painted 3 little canvases for wall, all with a bird theme.  I've been wanting to find fat little birds for a long time to accessorize but haven't had any luck.  Yesterday at dollar tree, what did I happen to see but fat little birds!  Yes they are ugly but not so bad that my favorite spray paint won't help!
 My spray painting technique is that I plant myself in the grass and just turn the cardboard they are on so I'm down low enough to get every side,.
 After one full rotation.
 I think I ended up giving them about 3-4 coats of spray paint to get the look I wanted. 
 It was a little tricky getting into all the little nooks and crannies, but I love how they turned out.
The best part is that they look like porcelain! 
(I'm also planning a baby shower in a few months and these will be PERFECT!!!)

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh I love them so much. I want to copy you- but I dont know where i would put them???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhh,,they are precious!

    ReplyDelete