Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Best Lemon Bars -EVA!

I should have taken a picture of these sweet treats, but I'll do it next time.  I'm sure you all know what lemon bars look like anyway.  But seriously...these are stinkin' awesome!

Lemon-Butter Bars
Crust
1 1/3 c flour
1/4 c sugar
1/2 c butter, softened

Filling
3/4 c sugar
2 eggs
2 T flour
1/4 t baking powder
3 T lemon juice, please juice your own lemons here!

powdered sugar

Directions
Heat oven to 350.

Combine all crust ingredients.  Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture is crumbly ~ about 2-3 minutes.  Press on bottom on 8" square baking pan.  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.

Meanwhile, combine all filling ingredients.  Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.  Pour filling over hot crust.  Continue baking for 18-20 minutes or until filling is set.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cool.  Cut into 16 bars.

1 comment:

  1. Jason LOVES lemon bars, but I'm not a fan, so I've never made them. Thanks for the recipe! I should make him some as a special Easter treat... and I won't be tempted to partake myself! :)

    ReplyDelete